Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brian Wilson likes Beltran to Giants

PHOENIX -San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson hears his club may be interested in New York Mets right fielder Carlos Beltran.Wilson is all for it.
"He's a pretty awesome hitter," Wilson said after notching the save as the National League beat the American League, 5-1, on Tuesday night at Chase Field. "I have no qualms about it. Come on over. I don't want to be the guy that's traded, though. OK? Let's make sure that doesn't happen."
Beltran, along with Mets teammate Jose Reyes, had accompanied the Giants contingent from San Francisco to Arizona after the teams completed the first half with a series.
Wilson had made similar comments while reading the NL lineup on Fox, introducing Beltran as a player the Giants need to acquire.
"I didn't see that. I didn't hear that, either," Beltran said. "I mean, I know there's been a lot of rumors -- different cities. They always say I might end up in this city, in that city. But right now I'm part of the New York Mets, and we're playing good baseball."
The Mets enter the second half one game over .500. They trail the division-leading Philadelphia Phillies by 11 games and the wild card-leading Braves by 7½ games.
Where will Beltran be in a month?
"Where? I hope so in New York," Beltran replied. "I hope we continue to play good baseball. But, at the same time, if the team starts not playing good baseball, something might happen -- not only with me, but with a few of the other guys, like Francisco (Rodriguez). They have mentioned Jose Reyes. But right now we cannot worry about that. We need to continue to play the game hard and focus on trying to win ballgames."

source: http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/6764371/closer-brian-wilson-likes-talk-new-york-mets-carlos-beltran-joining-san-francisco-giants

0 komentar:

Post a Comment